Type vivaldi://restart in the Address Field to restart the browser.
Perhaps you changed a setting that requires a restart to be applied or you want to clear cookies and history (if your browser configuration clears them on exit) or something else. Whatever the reason, sometimes you just need to restart the browser.
You can of course just close the browser, locate Vivaldi among your Task Bar or Desktop shortcuts and open it again from there, but that can become tedious, if you have to do it often.
As an alternative, you can just type “vivaldi://restart” in the Address Field and press Enter.
Furthermore, you can add Restart as a menu item. To do that:
- Go to Settings > Appearance > Menu > Menu Customization.
- From the Commands column, drag “Open Link” to the menu, where you want the command to be. For example, you could add it near “Exit” in the Vivaldi Button menu.
- Name the command “Restart”.
- In the URL field, enter “vivaldi://restart”.
- To finish, press Enter on your keyboard.
- Check the menu to see the new command.